6 Reasons I prefer to give probiotic retention enema to my patients
I have been treating an incredibly high number of patients suffering from gut disorders and its subsequent repercussions on their health.
Gut infections such as pathogenic overgrowth of bacterias fungus or viruses are responsible for damaged gut endothelial lining and in turn leaky gut.
In our Functional Medicine clinic these patients are successfully treated with our Gut healing protocol popularly known as the 4R program:
1. Repair by preventing intake of allergens
2. Replenish lost nutrients
3. Reinoculate the good bacterias
4. Remove the threats
Reinoculating good bacterias is a very crucial step in healing the gut, probiotics when given orally were not giving the desired results due to the loss of potency by the time they reach us and/ or due to damage by stomach acids!
We have now successfully been able to bypass this bottleneck by substituting oral probiotics with retention enemas due to following important benefits:
- A probiotic retention enema is the fastest way to implant a mega-dose of beneficial bacteria straight into the colon – and lower part of the small intestine
- Provides dramatic healing results
- Probiotic enemas help to both eliminate harmful bacteria and increase the number of beneficial bacteria in the colon.
- Increased metabolism
- Weight loss
- An improved immune system function
Dr. Kalpana Shekhawat -M.D.
Functional Medicine Specialist