Functional medicine a legitimate approach to treat chronic lifestyle diseases.
Since our conventional, allopathic approach to medicine, tends to rely on pharmaceutical agents to counter or suppress symptoms of illness, Functional medicine approach emphasises on restoring the body’s natural function, a state of biochemical metabolic harmony indicative of wellness.“functional medicine approach focuses on identifying and addressing the root cause of diseases. Each symptom of differential diagnosis may be one of many contributing to an individual’s illness.” connecting the dots backward is the key.
To describe it simply, functional medicine focuses on causes of your symptoms and not on what medicine can be prescribed to mask those symptoms.
We at Freedom Age have been successfully addressing the root causes of all chronic ailments and reversing the symptoms without further stressing the metabolic system by giving chemical based pills .
A Functional medicine practitioner truly realises and does not undermine the importance of conventional medicine and knows that there is no substitute of pharmaceutical medicines in acute diseases and they are indeed lifesaving and cannot be replaced by supplements alone when there is acute health crisis.
Why Functional Medicine?
- Health oriented Functional medicine prioritises preventative care and a comprehensive, whole-body approach to wellness.
- Functional medicine is patient centred approach; We partner in wellness, helping to empower patients with learning while healing with the knowledge and skills they need to take back to manage their overall wellness.
- Functional medicine focuses on biochemical individuality; Functional medicine is highly customised approach, with doctor investing huge amounts of time in each patient’s unique health issues and performing detailed investigations.
- Functional medicine is preventative care; Functional medicine doctors would be happy to see patients much before their diseases progress to the point of desperation.
- Functional medicine seeks to address the root cause of illness; While a conventional doctor look at the symptom of depression and establishes the diagnosis of depression a functional medicine doctor looks at the symptom of depression and looks for the underlying causes which could be in un healthy gut, heavy metal toxicity, food intolerances, SIBO, fungal overgrowth, chronic lyme etc…Functional medicine doctors want to do more than just identify your symptoms and prescribe medication to reduce their effects; they want to know what’s really wrong and work to correct it.
- Functional medicine is innovative. Approach adopted is not one therapy fit for all, Functional medicine doctor is evaluation each patient differently and designing out a protocol which is different for each patient.
Dr Kalpana Shekhawat -M.D.
Functional Medicine Specialist