SUPERFOODS THAT DEFEAT CANCER !
What we eat is strongly and directly linked to our health. No food or nutrient is an elixir against disease, but eating right can definitely help prevent many serious health issues. While no single food or diet alone can protect against cancer, there are foods that are highly beneficial because they offer critical minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, flavonoids, polyphenols, and a host of other important phytonutrients that help prevent and fight cancer.
• Contains the polyphenol curcumin, which kills cancer cells and prevents them from growing further.
• Curcumin may be able to destroy multi-drug resistant cancer and cancer stem cells.
• Shown to reduce cancer rates of the stomach and colon.
• Diallyl disulfide ( chief constitute of Garlic ) has potent preventive power against cancers of the skin, colon, and lung.
• Lectins in mushrooms help prevent cancer cells from growing and dividing ( specially CA breast and hormone-related cancer)
• Bioactive compounds and phytochemicals have antiangiogenic, antiproliferative, and other anti-cancer effects.
4.) Dark Green Leafy Vegetables
• The two powerful antioxidants (lutein and zeaxanthin) can block early cancer development.
• The carotenoids that give leafy greens their dark green pigment are also linked to a reduction in rates of certain cancers like Breast, Skin, Stomach, Mouth, Pharynx, and Larynx Cancers.
5.) Crucifers & Cabbage
• Increased consumption can lead to decreased rates of certain cancers.
• These crucifers contain glucosinolates and the enzyme myrosinase. When combined through blending, chopping, or chewing, they break up the plant cells, allowing myrosinase to come into contact with glucosinolates, initiating a chemical reaction that produces isothiocyanates, which are powerful anti-cancer compounds.
• Apigenin, and Luteolin, are two anti-cancer compounds, which are bioactive flavonoids, and work as antioxidants and combat free radicals in the body.
• Apigenin contains anti-tumor properties and has been found effective at causing apoptosis (cell suicide) in numerous types of cancer cells.
• Eating legumes has been correlated with a decreased risk of cancers of the entire digestive tract.
• It also contains other health-promoting substances like flavonoids, inositol, protease inhibitors that may protect against cancer, including folate, lignans, and saponins, massively packed with fiber, which has been linked to reduced rates of certain cancers.
• walnuts contain ellagic acid, a phytochemical antioxidant, and gamma-tocopherol, a type of vitamin E – both of which have strong anti-inflammatory and cancer-protective effects.